Tuesday, June 8, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #366: MULTITASKING SUCKS

 That's it. That's all you had to read. Just the title.








































OK, so there's more. Multitasking was probably invented by some corporate greed-head asshole who wanted to exploit his workers even further. And somehow it has leaked out of corporate life and has infected everyone else like the fucking virus it is.


So I can do two things at once really well. Three things? We start to see some drop in efficiency. Four things? That drop is significant. Five? You might as well just ask me to fuck up in the first place and save us all the time and energy. I imagine a lot of us are like that. So why do we continue to do this shit? Especially if it's within our daily lives outside of work?


This particularly bugs me when people think that their driving time is meant for multitasking. While driving, they should be shaving, putting on their makeup, changing clothes, eating, making phone calls or worse like texting and so on. You do realize you don't have to do this, right?


OK, the main reason I'm writing this tonight. I have worked in office jobs for decades, and it never ceases to amaze me how many people who call in looking for help do so while driving. From things like ordering auto glass (which I do now) to trying to get into web conferences, it is inexplicably stupid. We will need information to help you, and that information is something you will have to read off your phone, in all likelihood. Park the fucking car. Or even better, don't make the call while driving. And stop getting pissy with me. I can't help you without your information. And why are you trying to get into a web conference while behind the wheel of a car? Are you suicidal? There are easier ways, bud, and most of them don't involve endangering others.


I almost used the Chevy Chase meme two nights in a row, but I stopped myself. You can mail me my award whenever it's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment