Thursday, June 17, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #372: AGING WHISKEY, BREWING BEER

 Not too long ago I got a whiskey barrel so I could age my own whiskey. I have to say that it has been going very well. The taste of the barrel truly comes through with this thing, and the longer I keep it in there, the better. But I can't keep it in there too long. I have discovered, much to my sadness, that if it's in there for too long, it has a tendency to evaporate. What a horrible thing to happen to whiskey! So I've adjusted my approach.


I figured, if I could do that, maybe I wouldn't have such a hard time brewing beer, right? I got a DIY beer brewing kit, good for six bottles, and saw the claim on the box that "if you can make oatmeal, you can brew beer."


Hold up. I can't make oatmeal, and I have no desire to learn. That shit looks gross, like someone gathered a bunch of puked-on pencil shavings and put it in a bowl. No thanks. But I've been teaching myself how to cook. Maybe . . . ?


Nope. I read the instructions, and they are very exact. I have no numbers on my stove's dials. I've been teaching myself to cook by eyeballing it. There is no fucking way for me to do this. At least not right now. Not with this stove. I could eyeball it, I guess, but I wouldn't want to ruin beer. That would be horrible, right up there with evaporating whiskey. This must be avoided at all costs.


*sigh* Maybe someday. Not anytime soon, but perhaps there will come a day when I can drink my whiskey and chase it with my beer.


A man can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment