Monday, June 21, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #373: A WEEK OF SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION (THE LITE VERSION)

 Usually when I have a week of shameless self-promotion, I post links to just about every publication that ever printed a story of mine. I focus on one book and a bunch of short stories over the course of the day. For a variety of reasons, I am doing a LITE version of this.


One of the biggest reasons is, I no longer work at a job where there is downtime. All my other jobs had downtime, thus allowing for me to post links left and right. The downtime was pretty sweet, actually. I got a lot of reading and writing done, and sometimes it's just an excuse to fuck with your coworkers. Or, if it's dead enough, like around the holidays, we'd play Risk or Monopoly or something. In one notable instance we watched I Come in Peace.


That's right. I once got paid for watching the classic Dolph Lundgren/Brian Benben SF buddy flick about a drug dealer from space killing people.



At my current job, if the phones ever stop ringing (which is a rarity), we're supposed to call out on leads. We always have leads. There will never be a day when we run out of leads. I get bathroom breaks and lunch, and the rest of my day is spent at an intense speed.


But there are other reasons why I'm doing a LITE version. For one thing, it almost serves no purpose to send out so many links on stories that are no longer making me money, if they're even still in print at all. Besides, a lot of it was collected in my books, TOQT and TOUT. The only people interested would be those looking for collectors items, and I don't imagine there are a lot of people out there who actively want to collect that much of me.


And there are other reasons, but those two are the big ones.


(Tee-hee! I said "big ones.")


So my approach this time around is to focus on the books with only the newer short story publications getting posted. I think Thursday I'll focus on my Kindle-only publications. There are only three right now, but I get the feeling that's going to change soon. Oh, if you could only see the weird shit I'm plotting in my head right now in that regard.


Also, in case you haven't seen my website in a while, I updated it (finally) so it's a lot more user friendly now. Take a look around. Be cautious, though, since there is some nudity on certain pages. I wouldn't check it out at work, for example. Probably not in front of your kids, either. Or your parents. Or anyone, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment