Wednesday, June 23, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #375: THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I LEARNED IN SCHOOL

 So I saw a meme the other day about the understandability of the philosopher, Hegel. That kind of brought me back to my college days when my second major was philosophy. Jokingly, I used to praise my intelligence by proclaiming to all who wouldn't tell me to shut the fuck up, "I understand Hegel!" Although to be fair, I never used that information since graduation. I honestly don't recall anything about Hegel anymore. I probably don't need to, anyway.


But it made me wonder what the most important thing I ever learned in school was. After careful consideration I have to say that typing is at the top of that list. Before then I hunted and pecked at typewriters. (I didn't own a computer until after I learned how to type.) I learned quickly, and even before the class was done for the semester, I was fast. Very fast.


Now I could probably type a long sentence in the time it takes lightning to flash. On one occasion I was told I was so fast that it sounded like whenever someone types in a movie or TV show. It's always fast, but it's never accurate. They can't possibly be accurate. That's just a bunch of actors randomly hitting keys. But I'm accurate. I'm that fast and accurate. I don't have many skills in the world, but goddammit, I'm a top notch typer. I can't count how many people I piss off with my typing, especially since I can make a "silent" keyboard sound like an army of raging berserkers on the march.


I'm really glad I took that class.

No comments:

Post a Comment