Wednesday, October 19, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #547: MY FLASK COLLECTION

I love Justified.


 So I've been packing all my shit for my inevitable move, and over the weekend I discovered my flask collection. That was my 93rd day free of booze, and this is my 96th. What the hell am I going to do with these things?


During IOP one of my fellow addicts talked about finding a bottle of booze not too long after this person's first sober day. This person talked about not knowing what to do with it and not wanting to pour it down the sink because, hey, that cost money. At least it can work as a gift, right? I'm the same way, so I think about that story a lot mostly because it is entirely possible that while packing my shit I will find a hidden bottle. I had a bunch of them squirreled away throughout my bedroom for a rainy day. I'm pretty sure I drank them all, but what if I didn't? Would I be able to do as my friend did? Would I be able to pour it down the drain?


I honestly don't know. It hasn't come up (yet), so maybe I'll never know. But the closest I've come is finding those flasks. None of them had anything in them. They didn't tempt me to go out to the liquor store, either. BUT! I did open them and take a whiff at the insides. Holy fucking hell, I miss drinking. I'm still not feeling any cravings, but the smell brought back memories.


What am I going to do with these things? I have a pretty sweet Justified flask. I know I'll probably clean it out and give it back to the friend who gifted it to me. The others? Do I just throw them out? Some of them were gifts, too. Or maybe they're worth something? I don't know what the market is for stainless steel. Probably nothing, right? Do pawn shops take this sort of thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment