Wednesday, October 19, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #546: TOO MANY BOOKS

 I know. I'm the same way. "Too many books?" No such thing. You fool! How could you even joke about such a thing?


Well. Maybe. JUST MAYBE. Possibly. I have too many books. In all likelihood.


So I don't know how much time I've got left in this place. I assumed that the bank would claim this house sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving, but from my understanding they have to give us a 30-day notice before sending the sheriff in. We haven't gotten that yet, so maybe it won't be quite so soon. Regardless, I've been packing my shit. Almost all of my books have been packed. I've kept only a few available because I know they're next on my reading list, or if I can't find the book that's supposed to be next, here are a bunch that can take its place.


All my bookcases except for one are now falling apart. It seems that I have so many books that the only thing holding these bookcases up were, uh, those books that I've now packed away. The backs are falling off, the shelves are warped, the pegs are broken. I can probably fix a couple of them with a hammer and nails, but one of them is absolutely useless now. There is no possible way I can ever use this thing to hold books again.


So maybe there is such a thing as too many books.


Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment