Monday, October 10, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #540: IS ANYONE REALLY SAFE?

 So I read this last week, and I think you should give it a glance before continuing with me.


So yeah, I've been seeing a lot of talk about this lately, and people seem to think Darryl, Maggie and Negan are safe because they're getting spin-off series. But is anyone really safe?


Because I don't take it for granted that those shows are happening. I think the one with Rick and Michonne is definitely happening because for some reason, unbeknownst to me, everyone loves Rick fucking Grimes even though he's a murderous psychopathic piece of shit who seems convinced that he's a good guy. But it's happening. The others? I'm not convinced.


Not following me, Axel? Check this out:






Do those covers look familiar? They might. They might not. But at the very least, if you read the comics, you might think, hey, didn't TWD end at issue 193? Why yes, it most certainly did. Then what are these covers? Fan art?


Nope. Kirkman wanted to shock everyone with an unexpected ending to the series, so he had two covers made up so he could solicit them as if the comics were actually going to exist. It angered a lot of people, but I gotta say it impressed me. I didn't think anyone was capable of such trickery, and I appreciate the effort that went into this.


So do you really put it past AMC to make up spin-off series just for the sake of lulling you all into a sense of false security? "At least I know my beloved Darryl won't die on the show! He's getting his own show after this!" Until they kill him in the last episode, and Norman Reedus and Scott Gimple and Robert Kirkman show up on Talking Dead to explain their ruse.


Does that seem so far fetched? Does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment