Tuesday, September 27, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #531: NOT WALKING

 I miss being able to do a lot of things because of my bad foot, but the one thing I miss more than anything is night walking. I used to walk two and a half miles almost every night, and I got a lot of thinking done on those walks.


The most important thing I thought about during such sojourns was writing. That's when I figured out most of the writing problems I got myself into. I unpaint my way out of corners during these times. And I really don't have any way to do that now. I'm pretty much working without a net now.


I don't know if my writing has suffered because of it. I have a suspicion it might have, but I'm not sure.


I really, really miss my long walks. Now? I might make it around the block if I'm OK with being in agony for a while. An agony I can no longer drink away. Although I did manage to get some walking done in Oak Park the other day, and I managed to stand up for more than an hour on that day. The pain is always there, but it was pretty minimal that day.


Fucking hell, I wish I could walk my usual circuit again. Just once. Just one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment