Sunday, May 9, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #349: BRITISH STERLING

 I can't stand almost every cologne meant for men. They're always overpowering and strong and disgusting, a lot like Axe Body Spray. I don't know why anyone wears this shit. When I was a lot younger I chose my own scent which was very understated and barely detectable.


But for some reason every store everywhere stopped selling it. I hunted up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start. No one had it. I had to go online to continue buying the only masculine scent I give a fuck about. I've been doing so for the past few years. It sucks, but there you go.


British Sterling is amazing. It's not offensive in power. I could probably pour a bottle over my head and no one would notice. It smells good but it doesn't overpower. It's like Baby Bear's porridge: Just Right.


I have used this cologne every day of my life, sometimes twice a day. A friend who has known me for decades once hugged me. Surprised, she backed away. "You smell good." As if she'd never smelled my cologne before. I suppose that's the danger to using an understated scent. But it's a price I'm willing to pay.


Because fuck all those horribly awful smells that the cologne industry tries to sell men, thinking that everyone wants to smell like a 'Seventies shag rug. I'll take understated elegance any day.


















OK, this is a weird GF to get from me, but I was thinking about Charles Bronson. That's what led me to thinking about my scent. If you've never seen this ridiculous commercial, you should watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment