Tuesday, May 25, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #358: THE CROSS PEN, REVISITED

 Remember when I lusted after a Cross fountain pen? That was years ago. Months back, I finally got one. And wow, I really should have listened to my nagging doubts.


Filling the things are kind of annoying because they never write the first time, so you have to go back in and squeeze the ink cartridge. VERY GENTLY. I didn't know that at first, and I squeezed the motherfucker until ink exploded all over my hands, pants and car seat. (I was still in the Office Depot parking lot at the time). I tested it out after, and it wrote in a lovely way. I capped the pen and went home.


To test it out on other notebooks, I tried it again at home. It didn't write. I shook the pen once, and ink exploded out the tip all over my shirt and bed. There are still inkstains there, no matter how many times I wash my sheets.


And because I'd done these things the ink ran out quickly. I picked up a replacement pack and went to work, this time in a more subdued manner. Aaaaaaand it still didn't write the first time. This time I gave it a gentle squeeze, and it still didn't write. I gave it a gentle shake, and BAM!


Ink bukkake.


Thankfully I have another fountain pen, one that writes the first time and does so beautifully. I think my love affair with the Cross pen is over.


(I still have that EPL Cross pen, and while I don't use it as much as I used to-its main purpose was to sign checks, and I don't do that anymore--it still writes like a dream.)

No comments:

Post a Comment