Wednesday, May 19, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #355: A CONFESSION I'M COMFORTABLE WITH MAKING NOW

 I have denied an ability for most of my life because I was afraid that if I said I could do it, people might want to do it with me, and I couldn't stand the very thought. Because this is a skill I learned very selfishly and with an exact purpose. Granted, I was never able to complete this vision, but that doesn't matter because now it is impossible for me to do this.


Don't get me wrong. Most dances I just can't do, but I learned how to tango very, very well. I kept that under lock and key, but now that I don't have the full use of my legs, I can safely and comfortably admit that I possessed this skill.


I was OK at waltzing. I could foxtrot a bit if you didn't mind me trampling your feet. But I was really good at the tango.


Knowing I could do that is kind of weird, right? I'm the last person you would expect this of. But I had one reason and one reason only for learning how to do this. I'm sure you'll understand in a moment.


I wanted to dance to "The Masochism Tango" by Tom Lehrer.


I never got to, sadly. I didn't know anyone sick in the head enough to do it. Ah well. To quote a great man, "So it goes."




































I never got around to it, but I thought at the time that the only other dance worth learning was the Mamushka!

No comments:

Post a Comment