Sunday, July 13, 2014

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #7: MY TASTE IN MUSIC

When I was a kid, I loved a lot of music. Now that I'm an adult, I love a lot of music. The difference between the two situations? A lot. Very few artists from my youth survive today as music I listen to now. Let's face it, one can't listen to the same ol' shit over and over again.


Who survives now? You might be surprised. At the top of the list is Weird Al Yankovic. You may be shocked, but I enjoy his music now even more than I did when I was a kid in the 'Eighties. Of all the shit I listened to back then, he's the only guy I still listen to now who has gotten even better. As much as I like "Nature Trail to Hell," I love "Party in the CIA" even more.


I'm so glad he's got a new album coming out soon. I have already pre-ordered MANDATORY FUN, and if you are anything like me, you should have done the same. It'll be hard to be better than my favorite album, POODLE HAT, but I think he can do it. ALPOCALYPSE was really fucking good. I can't wait to see the new songs he has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment