Saturday, July 19, 2014

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #13: I RESPECT SYLVESTER STALLONE

It's easy to talk shit about Sylvester Stallone because he's generally considered an action star. Sure enough, I'm not too big on action stars, but I side with Stallone more than others because . . . well . . . it's easy to forget one thing.


He's one of us. (This is assuming I'm speaking to mostly writers, because from what I can tell, those are the people who are reading these things, for the most part.) He's primarily a writer and secondly an actor. The dude's smart. I don't agree with a lot of what he says or does, but I get where he's coming from and why. Remember, he got his big break from WRITING a movie called ROCKY. He just happened to star in it, too.


I impulse-bought COBRA in a 7-Eleven tonight, as some of you might know. I don't do a lot of that kind of shopping, but tonight I couldn't help myself. Of all the classic Stallone movies, this was my favorite. Surprise! He wrote the screenplay. Just like he did for FIRST BLOOD (based on the awesome novel by David Morrell).


Check out his IMDB page, and you'll be surprised by how many of his movies he actually wrote (or adapted from a novel). The dude knows what he's doing. He might not write the greatest movies, but he writes a lot of fun shit.

COBRA is top of the line fun shit. I don't regret my purchase in the slightest. Which reminds me, I still haven't seen the 2nd and 3rd EXPENDABLES movies. I need to get on that, since he also wrote those.

No comments:

Post a Comment