Tuesday, January 3, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #587: MEETING THE NEW YEAR HIGH

 So I've been laying off the cannabis for a reason. I've been keeping it on the down low, but I've been looking for a new job. Just because recreational cannabis is legal in IL doesn't mean that you can still test positive for it and get a job. That sucks, but that's the way it goes.


But I gave up on looking for a new job. I'm pretty sure I can make the one I have work out decently and still get an all right apartment if not in Elmhurst then at least close by. So I decided to get high as fuck to end 2022 and meet 2023. I went out to a friend's place, and we got high and watched a bunch of cool shit. Holy fuck, I was high. It was great. We went to sleep around 3-ish, and when I woke up the next day I was still pretty high. It was excellent.


I'm pretty sure I'm unable to find a new job because of my books. I've had amazing interviews where I knocked it out of the park. One interview even treated me like I was already hired. But then these jobs started ghosting me, which has never happened to me before. I can only assume they did the poor man's background check (ie. Google), and my books came up. Well, I can't put that genie back in the bottle, so fuck it. Let's see where I can go from here.


Although some of those jobs were pretty sweet. Some of them offered as much as $75K/year. That would have been awesome. Ah well.


This is all over the place. Not much cohesion. Perhaps I'm rustier at this than I thought. But here's something interesting that happened when I went to sleep in the wee hours of New Year's Day. For the first time in ages I had a booze dream. They don't happen often, but it happened pretty hardcore that night. Probably something psychological in regards to getting high after being sober for so long. But in the dream I was taking down shot after shot after shot, and it was great. And then I remembered, holy shit! I'm not supposed to be doing this! But then I thought, fuck it. Let's keep drinking. So I did until I woke up.


I could almost taste the whiskey.


Anyway, it's good to get high again. That's not going to be an every day thing going forward, but every once in a while. Like a treat to myself. I've been a good boy. Now for my edible.


I am not high right now. Perhaps I should be, considering how much rambling I've done here tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment