Tuesday, January 17, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #597: A SAD DAY

 It is a sad day indeed. So I've still been working through my reading list, but I've also been packing my things up for my inevitable move. I thought I was being forward thinking when setting books aside that were coming up on my list, but I fucked that up. As a result I had to check those books out from the library (because there's no way in hell I'm unpacking anything at this point).


While doing so, I learned a horrible thing.


The Elmhurst Public Library. Where I toiled for almost ten years of my life. Where I was proud to point out a Chicagoland library that has some of my books in it.


Where my books are no longer in circulation.


That's right, I discovered my books are no longer in my hometown library. A very sad day. Did no one check them out? I wonder if they're in the sale room right now as withdrawn books. I hope so. I'd hate to think that they won't go to a loving home.


Or maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe they'll get donated to the local historical society! I don't think there are many authors from Elmhurst, so maybe they're pieces of history?


Yeah, that's a long stretch. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment