Friday, January 6, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #590: I JUST DON'T GET IT

 So I watched this a few weeks ago and enjoyed it a great deal. It's an interview between Brendan Fraser and Adam Sandler. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I can't stand Adam Sandler movies. However, I like Fraser a lot more than I can't stand Sandler, so I watched it. You might get a kick out of it, too.


I just don't get Sandler's appeal. What is it about him that makes you all like his movies? I tried. I really did. There is just something about him that rubs me the wrong way that no one else seems to notice. I can tolerate Little Nicky. The movie, not the character. The character is really super annoying. I only ever liked one Sandler movie, and that was Funny People. He was great in that. But everything else? I'm baffled.


I didn't even like him on SNL. How the hell did anyone think Opera Man was funny? A piece of my soul dies every time I hear him do this. His songs are OK. A few of them are even funny in their vulgarity. But I wouldn't listen to them more than once.


Yeah, Airheads was cool, but that's not an Adam Sandler movie. He's just in it. I can take it if he's just a supporting character, but if the movie wouldn't exist without him being there? That's a different story.


I know, I know. You're all disagreeing with me right now. And I accept that. Just you wait until I start talking about how I can't stand Friends and Seinfeld. Then you'll really get the pitchforks and torches and come after my ass. Guess I'll see you at the windmill . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment