Wednesday, January 11, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #593: IT FINALLY HAPPENED

 Well, I hate to say it, but it finally happened. I gave in to my addiction. I slipped and fell and I still have not gotten back up. I decided to give in entirely because I've discovered that I can't live a single day without my drug.


I'm back on the caffeine.


Wait, what did you think I meant?


Just kidding. No, I'm drinking caffeine again, and it aggravates the shit out of me. I started drinking it again during the holidays because I really needed a pick me up, and there were free energy drinks at work. So why not drink a few of them? Just to get through my shift without constantly yawning. Barely being able to keep my eyes open while on the phone with about a hundred customers a day. Literally.


I found myself graduating back up to the giant cans this week. The ones you could club someone to death with. At least I'm sticking to the ones that don't have sugar in them. For the most part.


Quitting caffeine is going to suck. Again. And again. Why not give in? It's the one addiction no one on the planet has a problem with. You could mainline caffeine 24/7 and no one would talk shit about it. Not unless you got hyperactive. Even then they might let it slide. Besides, getting Caffeine Free Diet Coke, my drink of choice these days, is getting harder and harder. The store never has it in stock anymore. I've had to settle for the Pepsi version, and it's just not all that great.


Ah fuck. Well. Here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment