Wednesday, March 1, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #628: YOU TALKING TO ME?

Well, I'm the only one here.

 

Here's something that used to irritate me a lot. It bugged me when I'm reading something and a character starts talking to themselves. Who the hell does that? No one. I certainly don't. I thought maybe it was a holdover from old comic books that authors felt they needed to use. In old comics characters talk to themselves all the time so readers understand what they're thinking.


Well. About that.


I've discovered that the older I get, the more I talk to myself. I have no idea when this started or even how. But here I am at the ripe old age of 44 blabbering to no one but myself, and I don't even do it into a mirror. I just talk to myself.


What the fuck? I used to read stuff aloud because I used to make a living with my voice. Also, when editing I find that reading the manuscript out loud helps you discover if something flows or not. But I never used to talk to myself, not like this. Is this just going to get worse the older I get? Why didn't someone warn me about this? Or did they, and I just ignored them?


Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment