Thursday, March 16, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #639: PAIN IN MY ASSHOLES

Verizon is pain in my assholes.

 

Once upon a time I had an unlimited data plan. In fact, I had a great price for it, too, because I used to work at Call One, which no longer exists, so I'm OK with talking about it. We had a deal with Verizon so that our employees got a great discount.


A few months ago I got a weird notification saying that I was almost out of data. What the fuck? That had to be a mistake. I have an unlimited plan. But I was drunk at the time, so I forgot about it until this month, when I got the same message and then another message saying that I was definitely out of data. I pondered this for a moment and realized that now that I have a new car, and the Sirius/XM app that I've been playing through the car's bluetooth, I'm probably using data like a motherfucker.


Yar knows all about using Data

So I got curious and called Verizon, asking what happened to my plan. Their records apparently don't go very far back, so according to this guy I had a limited plan since I got the new phone in 2022. I insisted that I hadn't changed my plan upon getting the new phone. He couldn't look far enough back.


I then remembered that during 2020, because of Covid and being unemployed, Verizon shut off my phone for nonpayment. I wondered if maybe that was what happened, that when they reinstated service, they downgraded my plan. Thinking back, I seem to recall that my monthly bill changed.


OK, that solves enough of the mystery for me. I needed to upgrade back to unlimited. I told the guy this, and he said he was going to do it. Suddenly I lost connection to this guy. Annoyed, I tried calling him back and got a message saying that I don't have a network.


Motherfucker. Verizon shut my goddam service off instead of upgrading. I couldn't call them back because, well, what phone would I be using? I don't have a landline anymore because when Grandma couldn't use the house phone anymore, my aunt had it shut off.


Well, why not go on the website? Everyone has a help chat these days, right? That would make sense. I got on my laptop and looked around, finding . . . NOTHING. What the fuck? A telecom company that DOESN'T have an online help chat? Were they deliberately trying to make things difficult for their customers?


*sigh* When all else fails, there's always Twitter, right? I got a swift response from them, but they said to DM them with my info. Surprise! I couldn't DM them. I don't know why, but it wouldn't go through. I suggested that they DM me, and they had the gall to tell me that I needed a wifi connection?


I didn't respond well.




I was pretty pissed because I didn't want to go to the store. When you go there, you have to check in and wait about an hour before anyone gets to you. Besides, I'd been out all day. I'd just gotten home, so naturally I was in just my boxers. I didn't want to get dressed again.


Luckily I recalled the Verizon app. After jumping through a few unnecessary hoops I found there is a help chat there. After wasting time with their AI bot (which is a redundant statement, in my opinion) I finally got a human being on the chat and resolved the issue. But holy fuck, did I waste a lot of time on this. Time that I really didn't have to waste on it. I had a lot more shit I had to do today, but I lost time to this fuckaroo.


So I guess my dumbass decided to waste even more of my time writing this. I probably should have just screamed into the void, but what the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment