Monday, August 28, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #736: THE RESULTS

A great adventure is waiting for you ahead . . .

 It occurred to me that some of you might be interested in the results of my colonoscopy. Look at that glorious picture of my poop chute!


In looking up my butt they found nothing. The colonoscopy was a complete success. Nothing foul afoot. I don't have to get another one until I'm 55. That feels like a safe length of time away. Who knows? Maybe I'll be dead by then and won't have to do it. My mom didn't live to 55, so who knows?


But they also scoped my throat, too, and they found a couple of things. Nothing to worry about, but still. They did find a growth down there, but it was benign and easily removed. And it turns out that I've been living with a hernia. It's not one of the really bad ones, or I'm sure I would have noticed, but it's where the stomach meets the diaphragm. It's called a hiatal hernia, and I'll bet any amount of money that it's there because of all the times I puked my guts out due to all my illnesses over the last ten years or so. It would explain a few things about me. It's not serious enough to do anything about it, so to hell with it. If it becomes a problem, like it starts causing ulcers, then I'll worry about it.


So all in all, it's a pretty good bill of health. Not clean, exactly, but close enough for government work. Now to focus on the next thing: hand surgery. It happens in about a half a month, and I'm not going to be happy about it. But it's got to be done. I imagine I'll be taking a break from writing when that happens. I know for sure I've been forbidden to type the first few days, so I'm guessing GF will take a hiatus around that time. I'll let you know when it's time.


Goodnight, fuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment