Saturday, August 26, 2023

THE BIRTH OF A NEWSLETTER

 So. That Patreon? Turned out to be a lousy idea. It didn't fail as miserably as I thought it might, but it . . . did not fare well. So as a mercy I'm killing it. It will remain active until the final day of the month, and then it shall be no more.


Here's a thing that kind of surprised me, though. I actually enjoyed writing my Sunday morning updates. I would talk about my writing plans. What I wrote that week. What I posted. Things like that. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, and now I can't imagine not doing it.


So I'm not going to stop. I'm just going to stop doing it on Patreon. You are now witnessing the birth of a newsletter! I'm currently on Substack as @johnbruni, so it's nice and easy to find me. If you're not quite so savvy, here is the link. If you wondered what my Patreon updates were like, I've already posted them at my Substack, so feel free to peruse.


Oh yeah, and it's free. It always will be free. You have nothing to lose by subscribing. Right now it will be released every Sunday morning, but if that turns out to be too burdensome for subscribers, then maybe I'll cut it back to monthly. We'll see how it goes.


Take a look. Check it out. Please subscribe. I hope to see you every Sunday. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment